ZAHIYA DEEK & RAFAH NABYO
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL drive-thru supper club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Normally we would invite you to break bread during one of our traditional Supper Clubs, however we are currently limited in our ability to host gatherings. With the overwhelming success of our drive-thru supper club on International Refugee day, we decided to continue events where we deliver delicious to-go boxes of authentic cuisines directly to your car.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL drive-thru supper club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a plate full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Drive up to pick up your to go lunch on Saturday, October 10th from 11:30am – 12:30pm at STL Foodworks, 408 N Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108. Our volunteers will be wearing face masks and gloves and will bring your lunch directly to your car.
– Wrapped in pita bread, Middle Eastern falafel is a deep-fried patty made from ground chickpeas, draped with tahini sauce.
– a finely chopped salad made with parsley, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and bulgur. Mixed with lemon juice and olive oil.
– grape leaves stuffed with rice, Mediterranean spices, and lemon juice.
Baba Ganoush with pita.
– a dip made of mashed eggplant, lemon juice, tahini. Served with pita.
– a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped pistachios or walnuts and held together with honey and sugar syrup.
Sign Up For This Event
LUNCH TIME EVENT
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!