ZOHRA ZAIMI & ASMAA ALSHAMAA
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL virtual supper club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Each year on World Refugee Day we host a fundraiser, but this year we will be celebrating with to-go boxes and we will the delicious food directly to your car.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL virtual supper club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a plate full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Drive up to pick up your to go dinner on Saturday, February 27th from 5 pm – 6:00 pm at STL Foodworks, 408 N Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108. Our volunteers will be wearing face masks and gloves and will bring your dinner directly to your car.
– Iraqi Fattoush salad with tomato, lettuce, parsley, green onions, mint, cucumber, olive oil , lemons, green pepper, fried arabic bread, sumac and pomegranate molasses,
– Iraqi kibbeh. Deep fried and made with beef, rice, onion, parsley, black pepper and salt,
– Eggplant with Moroccan charmoula marinade made with fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil,
– Bissara: Moroccan soup with dried fava beans, dried green peas, cumin and olive oil,
Dessert (2 types)
– Butter cookies with flour, butter, egg and sugar.
– Biscuit filled with dried apricot and sliced almond.
You will receive an emailed confirmation for the drive-thru event. If you didn’t receive one, please check your spam folder in your email. You do not need to bring your email confirmation with you as we will have everyone’s name on a list that purchased meals. Please remain in your car and pull up through our drive-thru line, and one of our volunteers will be with you as soon as you arrive at STL Foodworks.
Sign Up For This Event
DINNER TIME EVENT
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!