(Friday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Mercy Conference and Retreat Center
2039 N Geyer Rd
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by our new refugee neighbors who will share their cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
This event will also feature a silent auction with all proceeds benefiting Welcome Neighbor STL.
Suggested donation: $25 per person.
Questions? Contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected]
The event will be held on Friday, November 2nd from 6pm-8:00pm at Mercy Conference and Retreat Center at 2039 North Geyer Road St. Louis, MO 63131. Come and join us!
November 2, 2018 – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Baba Ganoush – ground eggplant and sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Served with pita bread.
- Falafel – a Middle Eastern dish of spiced mashed chickpeas formed into balls or fritters and deep-fried. Served with pita bread.
- Fattoush – salad with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables using olive oil and spices.
- Kubba – deep fried bulgar with beef, nuts and onion.
- Chicken Shawarma – chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and syrup.
If you are interested in hosting your own supper club event, please contact Jessica Bueler at [email protected]
Date: 11/02/2018 (Fri.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm CDT
Location: Mercy Conference and Retreat Center 2039 N Geyer Rd, Frontenac, MO 63131