MOHAMMED ABARRA & DALAL ALKHABBAZ
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL virtual supper club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Each year on World Refugee Day we host a fundraiser, but this year we will be celebrating with to-go boxes and we will the delicious food directly to your car.
These meals present an opportunity for immigrant families to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL virtual supper club, your meal will be prepared by immigrant neighbors who will share their culture and cooking skills by providing a plate full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Drive up to pick up your to go lunch on Saturday, December 12th from 11:30am – 12:30pm at STL Foodworks, 408 N Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108. Our volunteers will be wearing face masks and gloves and will bring your lunch directly to your car.
– is a popular chicken dish which originated in Saudi Arabia. Flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and almonds.
– Basmati rice flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and almonds.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
– chopped cucumber, tomato and lettuce with a light vinaigrette.
Baba Ghanoush and Pita
– a dip made of mashed eggplant, lemon juice, tahini. Served with pita.
– A semolina and coconut cake. After cooking it is sweetened with orange flower water, and simple syrup
You will receive an emailed confirmation for the drive-thru event. If you didn’t receive one, please check your spam folder in your email. You do not need to bring your email confirmation with you as we will have everyone’s name on a list that purchased meals. Please remain in your car and pull up through our drive-thru line, and one of our volunteers will be with you as soon as you arrive at STL Foodworks.
Sign Up For This Event
LUNCH TIME EVENT
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!