Development & PR Coordinator – Job Opening
Welcome Neighbor STL is seeking a Development & PR Coordinator who will assist in managing the development of the organization and public relations for Welcome Neighbor STL. This position works with staff, board, media, donors, and Development Committee (once created).
Position Title: Development and PR Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: This part-time position is 20 hours a week, $20,000 a year, $1,666 a month, $19.23 an hour.
- Lead overall strategy and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program
- Support the Executive Director’s fundraising role, particularly with the Board and major donors
- Collaborate with volunteers, Board, and staff to deepen relationships with donors
- Grow an emerging major gifts program through cultivation and solicitation of individual donors
- Create a customized, personal approach for individual donor engagement
- Organize appreciation events for donors – these could be same as volunteer events
- Consistent communication with donors about program updates, etc.
- Assist with grant reports and grant writing
- Research additional grants and manage grant prospects
- Manage donor database and acknowledgement letters
- Outline possible sponsorship opportunities for programs – Family Support, START, Supper Clubs, etc.
- Update website (open to learn WordPress and strong writing skills)
- Create Supper Club Events on WNSTL website and communicate payments with accountant
- Create press release content for events and submit to media
- Post Welcome Neighbor events on St. Louis event listing websites
- Assist Social Media Coordinator in creating weekly email blast through Mailchimp
- Write a report for Board Meetings and attend weekly staff meetings
- Frontline fundraising experience with a proven ability to meet aggressive fundraising goals
- Track and record relationships, closing gifts, and upgrading annual donors to major gifts
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an equitable working and learning environment
- Superior interpersonal and active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Possesses a positive outlook and can-do problem-solving attitude
- Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under stressful circumstances
- Solid written and verbal communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Zoom, Signup Genius, Monday.com.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, email resume and cover letter to Jessica Bueler at [email protected]