VOLUNTEER AND SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR – JOB OPENING
Welcome Neighbor STL is seeking a Volunteer and Social Media Coordinator who will assist in managing the volunteer programming and social media postings for Welcome Neighbor STL. This position works directly with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
Position Title: Volunteer and Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: This part-time position is 20 hours a week, $20,000 a year, $1,666 a month, $19.23 an hour.
- Coordinate and manage all volunteer opportunities for Welcome Neighbor STL
- Post Volunteer Opportunities on Signup Genius and United Way Website https://www.stlvolunteer.org/ and Justserve.org
- Provide information needed to support volunteers
- Publicize WN events on social media, website, and in e-blasts
- Create a social media calendar and content
- Identifying stories, stats, and other items to publicly showcase
- Recognize volunteers on social media and website blogs
- Solicit free passes and tickets for volunteers and families
- Assist in creating weekly email blast through Mailchimp
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Design flyers, graphics for various social media sites
- Replying to external calls, emails, messages within 48 hours.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with Executive Director
- Create a report for Board Meetings
- Assist with monthly grant report for this position
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Possesses a positive outlook and can-do problem-solving attitude
- Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under stressful circumstances
- Solid written and verbal communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Zoom, Signup Genius, Monday.com.
- Communicate with volunteers and refugees and keep key items confidential to protect refugees. Follow the technology standards created by IISTL such as only using IISTL HB and case numbers when communicating about families.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, email resume and cover letter to Jessica Bueler at [email protected]