Second Presbyterian Church in CWE – August 1, 2018 Date: 08/01/2018 (Wed.) Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm CDT Location: Second Presbyterian Church – CWE – 4501 Westminster Place, 63108 Suggested donation: $25 per
Second Presbyterian Church in CWE – August 1, 2018
Date: 08/01/2018 (Wed.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm CDT
Location: Second Presbyterian Church – CWE – 4501 Westminster Place, 63108
Suggested donation: $25 per person.
Questions? Contact Madeleine Grucza at [email protected]
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Syrian Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for Syrian cooks to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
The event will be held on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 from 6:00-8:30pm at Second Presbyterian Church, 4501 Westminster Place, St. Louis, MO 63108. The parking lot is directly west of the church off of Westminster. You can only enter Westminster Place from Taylor Ave. Come join us!
Wednesday, August 1 – Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Tabouleh – salad made with parsley, lettuce, and tomato.
- Fattoush – salad with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables using olive oil and spices.
- Kubba – deep fried bulgar with beef, nuts and onion.
- Shawarma – chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and syrup.