You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new.
You are invited to a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club to support refugee families recently settled in St. Louis. Enjoy food, conversation, and catching up with friends – old and new. From cultural exchange to just plain fun, look forward to a great evening.
These meals present an opportunity for Syrian women, to share knowledge and skills unique to them. It is also an opportunity for us to get a glimpse into their culture. These fundraising efforts can set them on a path of greater independence and confidence in their new lives here in in the USA.
When you attend a Welcome Neighbor STL Supper Club, your meal will be prepared by our new refugee neighbors who will share their traditional cooking skills by providing a table full of traditional food from their country of origin.
Date: 09/11/2018 (Tue.)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm CDT
Location: Webster Groves Presbyterian Church – 45 West Lockwood, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Suggested donation: $25 per person
Questions? Contact Janice Seele at [email protected]
The event will be held on Tuesday, September 11th from 6pm-8:30pm at Webster Groves Presbyterian Church. 45 West Lockwood, Webster Groves, MO 63119. Come join us!
Enjoy Syrian Cuisine
- Hummus – a delicious appetizer made of chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil. Served with pita bread.
- Tabouleh – salad made with parsley, lettuce, and tomato.
- Fattoush – salad with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and lettuce with fried pita and apple cider vinegar.
- Yalanji – grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables using olive oil and spices.
- Kubba – deep fried bulgar with beef, nuts and onion.
- Shawarma – chicken, garlic cream, pickles, wrapped in pita bread.
- Baklava – a rich, sweet dessert made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and syrup.